Snort Scholarship 2013
On or about June 15, 2013, Sourcefire will hold a Drawing at its Corporate Offices to select two (2) Awardees to each receive a 2013 Snort Scholarship. The pool of eligible applications from which Sourcefire will select its Awardees will be drawn from all eligible applications received by Sourcefire during the Application Period as specified in the Official Rules specified below.
NO MEMBERSHIP, PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS DRAWING OR TO BE AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP. Purchases will not improve your changes of winning. Odds of being awarded a 2013 Snort Scholarship depend upon the number of applications received. You have not won. All questions and/or correspondence pertaining to the 2013 Snort Scholarships should be addressed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via U.S. mail to 2013 Snort Scholarships, c/o Sourcefire, Inc., 9770 Patuxent Woods Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046.
Official Rules of the 2013 Snort® Scholarship Awards
Definitions. Unless otherwise defined herein in these Official Rules, capitalized terms used herein shall have the following meanings:
- “2013 Snort Scholarship” means a payment by Sourcefire in the amount of $5,000, payable on behalf of the Awardee directly to his or her designated Qualified Organization, which payment is to be applied solely toward Awardee’s academic tuition at the Qualified Organization during the 2013/2014 academic year.
- “Application” means a completed application for the 2013 Snort Scholarship, the official application form of which can be found at https://info.sourcefire.com/2013SnortScholarshipApplication.html.
- “Application Period” means the period of time commencing at 7:00 am ET on April 1, 2013 and ending at noon ET on May 1, 2013.
- “Award” means the awarded 2013 Snort Scholarship.
- “Awardee” means an eligible applicant selected by Sourcefire to receive an Award in accordance with these Official Rules.
- “Corporate Offices” means Sourcefire, Inc., 9770 Patuxent Woods Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046.
- “Drawing” means the random process by which Sourcefire shall select the two (2) Awardees to receive a 2013 Snort Scholarship in accordance with these Official Rules.
- “Sourcefire” means Sourcefire, Inc., a Delaware corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliated businesses.
- “Sourcefire Personnel” means Sourcefire’s officers, directors, contractors, employees and agents.
- “Qualified Organization” means an accredited college, university or other institution of higher learning designated by an Awardee to receive a 2013 Snort Scholarship on such Awardee’s behalf which either covers Snort in its Computer Science curriculum or otherwise utilizes Snort to protect its network.
- How to Apply. To become eligible to participate in the Drawing, you must submit your Application to Sourcefire within the Application Period in accordance with these Official Rules. Your Application must be submitted to Sourcefire at the following URL address: https://info.sourcefire.com/2013SnortScholarshipApplication.html.
- Eligible Applications. Your Application will not be considered eligible unless it is complete and received by Sourcefire within the Application Period. To be deemed complete, it must contain all the information requested on the application form, including, but not limited to, your name, complete mailing address, complete email address and telephone number. Sourcefire disclaims any responsibility for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information on your Application, or for any lost, delayed, misdirected or mutilated Applications or mail.
- Eligible Applicants. To be eligible to submit an Application, you must be eligible to receive your high school diploma or equivalent in 2013 when Sourcefire receives your Application. Furthermore, Sourcefire Personnel and their immediate family members are ineligible for an Award.
- Notification of Awardees. Within one (1) week after the Drawing, Sourcefire will make all reasonable attempts to notify the potential Awardees, first by email and then by U.S. mail, using the potential Awardee’s addresses of record set forth in his or her Application. If after reasonable attempts we cannot contact a potential Awardee within thirty (30) days of the initial Drawing, or a potential Awardee otherwise fails to claim an Award, then Sourcefire will conduct a second Drawing to select another potential Awardee in its place. Sourcefire will hold the Award funds until both Awards have been paid to the designated Qualified Organization.
- The Drawing. The pool of eligible Applications from which Sourcefire will select the Awardees shall be drawn from all eligible Applications received by Sourcefire (and postmarked if submitted via U.S. mail) during the Application Period. All Applications, whether submitted by email or by U.S. mail, have an equal chance of receiving an Award; the number of Applications received will determine your odds of receiving an Award. You need not be present at the Drawing to have your Application considered. Upon submission all Applications become the property of Sourcefire and will neither be acknowledged nor returned. To learn the identity of the Awardees after the Drawing, look for a notice on http://www.sourcefire.com/security-technologies/snort/snort-scholarship on or about May 17, 2013.
- Taxes; Compliance with Laws; Disputes. Each Awardee shall be fully responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, fees and other expenses resulting from an Award. Each Awardee shall agree that the Award will be considered ordinary income for U.S. income tax purposes and all sales, use, and other taxes or fees shall be his or her full and complete responsibility. Awards cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash or other value. Each Awardee agrees not to hold Sourcefire or any Sourcefire Peronnel liable for any resultant action derived from the use, transport, or enjoyment of an Award. This offer is void where prohibited by law. It is the responsibility of each applicant to comply with any federal laws or regulations as well as any specific to the state or province in which the applicant resides. Each applicant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Drawing, or any Award, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Maryland, (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Drawing, but in no event shall such damages include attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will an applicant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each applicant hereby waives all rights to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses. Applicant shall not claim or receive any damages subject to being multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of applicants and Sourcefire in connection with the Drawing or any Award, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
- Disclaimer of Warranties; Release. EACH Awardee ACKNOWLEDGES THAT Sourcefire HAS NEITHER MADE NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABILE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE DRAWING OR THE SCHOLARSHIPs DESCRIBED HEREIN, and shall award the Scholarships "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES AND/OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. By entering, each applicant releases Sourcefire and the Sourcefire Personnel of each from any and all liability, damages, claims or causes of actions of any kind whatsoever (however named or described) for injuries, damages, or losses to person or property which may be sustained in connection with the Drawing, or the receipt, enjoyment or use of any Award.
- Reservation of Rights. By entering this Drawing each applicant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sourcefire and its designated Sourcefire Personnel, whose decisions regarding all aspects of the Drawing and any Award shall be final. Sourcefire reserves the right to refuse an entry if any of these conditions is not met. You should not apply for this Scholarship unless the conditions above are fully understood. If due to an error, more than two (2) Awards are claimed, the two (2) Awards shall be awarded in a random drawing from among all such Award claims received. In no event shall Sourcefire be liable for more than the two (2) Awards described herein. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to interpret these Official Rules and to make decisions concerning the Drawing and the acceptance and use of any Award in situations not covered by these Official Rules. Sourcefire also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend the Drawing in whole or in part should a cause or event beyond Sourcefire’s control affect the administration, fairness, proper play or conduct of the Drawing making continuation impossible. Notice of any such change in the event shall be posted at http://www.sourcefire.com/security-technologies/snort/snort-scholarship.
©2013 Sourcefire, Inc. Snort is a registered trademark of Sourcefire. All rights reserved.