Today’s IT organizations need a dynamic approach to defending the network—one that uses awareness and automation to provide visibility and context while constantly adapting to new threats, new vulnerabilities, and everyday network changes.
As the pioneer of Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems back in 2003 and now the first to deliver NGIPS with integrated Application Control, Sourcefire bases its NGIPS solutions on the core competencies of contextual awareness and automation—recognized by Gartner as key ingredients of a next-generation network intrusion prevention system. No other solution offers the visibility, automation, flexibility and scalability to protect today’s rapidly changing environments against increasingly sophisticated threats.
Delivering on the Sourcefire vision of Agile Security®, and fueled by the Sourcefire FirePOWER™ performance platform and sophisticated Sourcefire FireSIGHT® network intelligence, Sourcefire’s NGIPS stands apart, offering:
- Real-time Contextual Awareness: See and correlate extensive amounts of event data related to IT environments- applications, users, devices, operating systems, vulnerabilities, services, processes, network behaviors, files and threats
- Advanced Threat Protection: The best threat prevention that money can buy as validated by independent third-party testing and thousands of satisfied customers around the world
Sourcefire’s performance in comparison to industry averages based on 2012 NSS Labs’ Security Value Map for Network IPS.
- Intelligent Security Automation: Automated event impact assessment, IPS policy tuning, policy management, network behavior analysis, and user identification significantly lower the total cost of ownership and enhance the ability to keep pace with changing environments
- Unparalleled Performance and Scalability: Purpose-built appliances incorporate a low-latency, single-pass design for unprecedented performance and scalability – throughput speeds from 40Gbps down to 5Mbps for threat inspection and up to 80Gpbs for packet filtering
- Application Control & URL Filtering (Optional): Reduce the surface area of attack through granular control of over 1200 applications and 100s of millions of URLs in over 80 categories
- Advanced Malware Protection for FirePOWER™ (Optional): Defeat malware across the network with malware detection/blocking, continuous analysis and retrospective alerting that leverages Sourcefire's vast cloud intelligence. Available via a subscription add-on to FirePOWER NGIPS appliances. Simply software-enable these additional protections when you're ready – no need for limited-purpose malware appliances that add further complexity
More organizations around the world deploy Sourcefire intrusion detection and prevention technology, based on Snort® and backed by the Sourcefire VRT® (Vulnerability Research Team), than any other. Visit our library of case studies and read how Sourcefire’s intrusion prevention systems have helped hundreds of organizations worldwide better detect, analyze and prevent relentless and sophisticated attacks.